RENASCENCE Magazine - Read Online Now

DAF Renaissance Men SA Banner

Friday, February 21, 2014

#NEWS: David Tlale – NYFW14 / FW14 Inspiration, Sketches and Collection

By now you should have seen or heard the local news reports on David Tlale conquering New York with his first ever runway show at Mercedes-Benz’s New York Fashion Week 2014. Below we a quote on his inspiration, and some sketches from the collection.

“New York, like the proverbial phoenix rising from the ashes, my first journey to New York reflects back to the basics of a typical tourist. It evoked a yearning, despite horror stories I’d heard in my country about New York City and I asked myself, why should Frizt Langs’ Metropolis be a piece of hidden reality somewhere in the under-ground? Or that unforgettable breakfast at Tiffany’s?”





To see the full collection, visit our friend’s at Haute Fashion Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment