Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Profile: Anna Dello Russo – Renaissance Woman




Could she possibly be a type of Kurt Cobain of fashion? Maybe, maybe not. Or could we justifiably consider her an independent fashion-forward movement. Definitely. The woman is a walking, talking, eating, fashionably dressing one-woman agency, all by herself – and we’re ecstatic about it!

Anna Dello Russo.

The name might possibly send shivers and goosebumps all over your body, and with much respect, as she’s a formidable icon in today’s fashion scene, internationally. And then some of us might squint our eyes and I wonder, “who is that?” And you’d be forgiven for not knowing her. But now you have no excuse not to know something about her.

She’s worked with some of the world’s most luxurious, cutting-edge, fashion leading and provocative magazines. She’s also the current Creative Consultant and Editor-In-Chief of Vogue Japan. Yes, you read right, she is all that and a bag from LV at Vogue Japan. Mind you, she lives in Milan.

Anna Dello Russo has been whispered to have secured herself a two-storey penthouse apartment, comprising of the entire top two floors of the building and then she proceeded to have a rather large portion thereof converted into wardrobe space for her multitudes of garments. Have you seen her garments? You’ll know why they require their own space to live in.

Personally, Anna Dello Russo epitomises everything I would have wished to become if I had been born female. Power, independence, intelligence, creativity and confidence. Of course, these are all attributes I can still obtain as a guy, but my point is that her biggest asset I would have loved to own is her closet. I have not seen a single photograph of the lady wearing anything suspiciously ugly or unfashionable.

You don’t believe me? Have a look for yourself.














All I can say in closing is that I am a follower. Anna Dello Russo is one of my shepards and I am one of her sheep. I will follow her to the ends of the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment