Wednesday, January 29, 2014

EDITOR’S NOTE: Kanye West for Interview Magazine

A little while ago I was on Tumblr. In case you didn’t know, it’s my third home. I came across a brief picture post on Interview Magazine’s feature on Kanye West.

1
Interview Magazine is iconic publication in the industry. With a gritty, jealousy-infusing history, it’s one of those magazines that can do as it pleases because it’s been around the block a few times and it actually knows what it’s doing. Having covered amazing personalities such as Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, The Beatles, Tom Ford, Jack White, just to mention a few; the magazine is an authority of sorts and one tends to listen in on the commentary with much interest.

2
It’s Kanye West. Whether you hate or love him, you’re likely to stop for a little moment to catch up on ‘what did he do now’ so you’re just ‘aware’. From a fashion loving perspective, Kanye is fantastic. I don’t always think he gets it right, however, he always pushes the boundaries and that is what’s exciting about him in fashion.

So anyway, back to this Interview moment. I saw parts of the spread and I wasn’t too sure if I was impressed or a little troubled that it seemed to have him depicted as a man on fire – which is partially true in a figurative manner – but I got a much more deep seeded and narcissistic notion from it all. If anyone is in possession of the full interview and spread, please share. I would definitely like to read it and see the full visual expression. Kanye being such a ‘visual’ artist, it will be delightful to see how another entity has visually showcased him in full.




No comments:

Post a Comment