Friday, July 18, 2014

#MFCSS14: My Fitness Campaign Spring Summer 2014 – Week 1



For a little while now there has been a slight dissatisfaction with my body. Honestly speaking, I’m no plus size, but there are aspects I could definitely improve on. I’m a firm believer in being grateful in what you have. I am also a huge believer in taking care of oneself in order to extend and accentuate your life.

So I took the decision to do just that. I’m pretty much terrified most of the time during this campaign experience because I don’t know whether I’m going to achieve my desired results. One thing’s for sure though, I’m going to try and have fun while I’m at it.

After deciding to take this challenge on, it was a matter of ‘what does one wear while training and becoming fit’? Puma had the answer. Paid the guys a visit at their Canal Walk store and went through the rails to find that perfect ensemble. Luckily for me there was a sale, so items were going for ridiculously fantastic prices.





Another point that had to be sorted was how do I achieve this goal. Do I go to a gym? Do I find a personal trainer? Do I join the gym and find a personal trainer? I put the question out on Facebook for assistance. Word of mouth is always best. Advice based on personal experience is way better than advice based on big budget advertisements.

Freddy, a local model, recommended Joseph Chinana of Mojo Boxing and Fitness Academia. It sounded like the best of everything, with a personal touch. Which is exactly what I’m looking for. One-on-one workouts that will get me to my destination with very little distractions.

First session was insane. From sit-ups to push-ups, lunges and weights and even hardcore squats. The mere fact that I couldn’t get past ten push-ups should be a clear indication of desperately I need this fitness campaign. Slipping on those high waist shorts and cropped mesh tops in December is more than enough motivation. It’s quite simple – it’s #mfcss14 till the end.

That tummy is about to go Bye-Bye! It's about to eat fitness dust!



How long I survive this experience no one knows, but, we’ll keep you posted on the happenings.


Follow us on Twitter + Facebook + Instagram to keep up to date on what’s happening. Also make sure to chase the hashtag #mfcss14 for all round-ups of the fitness sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment